I have operated as a Business Consultant, Entrepreneur, Business Development Manager / Sales Manager including Umbrella Sales, Project Manager and a Digital Marketing Consultant since 1983. I am used to working in a fast paced, dynamic environment and exceeding targets. I have been very successful in winning new business and I am an expert in customer retention and up selling. I am an exceptional communicator and have the confidence to deal with business owners and senior executives at any level.
I am articulate, focused and ambitious and I have extensive experience of managing the complete sales process from initial identification of a prospect, through scoping requirements to successful contract negotiation and close. I am very comfortable presenting concepts at Director Level and of closing deals when the opportunity presents itself, whilst maintaining a high degree of personal integrity. I have achieved this with various companies and within various sectors and have processed multiple deals varying in size from £25.00 to £350,000.00
Sales and communication skills underpin much of my working life:
- I have been selling products and services for over 35 years, I have a consultative style of approach and great relationship building skills.
- I have run events and exhibitions all over the UK and managed PR campaigns with media and print.
- I generated over £250.000.00 worth of new business for a start up interior landscaping and design business within the first 12 months.
- I won contracts for a management consultancy firm securing 3 years worth of full time business for 5 consultants.
- I won a contract to ‘be the planting contractor’ at GMex exhibition centre in Manchester and generated over £15,000.00 business per week.
- I have had success with B2B sales, B2C sales and had success in sectors with lengthy procurement routes.
- I have sold to specifiers in the construction business, NHS, Local Authorities, schools and colleges etc.
- I tendered over £900,000.00 worth of playground equipment and soft play surfaces to schools, local councils and leisure parks in the first 2 years of a new consultancy led support business.
- I have 10 years experience in arranging contracts with educational establishments.
- I have experienced success with cold calling and establishing new customer accounts. I have done this across a number of varied sectors and I have also had success in setting up and managing sales teams on a local, regional and national basis.
- I generated over 150 new customer accounts within 12 months for a company manufacturing energy saving products.
- I successfully managed the national telesales operation for Nabisco during the changeover of their handball distribution system to palletisation.
- I have had success with managing existing accounts and of upselling new and existing products and services.
- I successfully introduced the concept of Mini-Soccer into the UK via MCFA and managed 23 professional coaches over a 2 year period.
- I set up and manitained over 1,500 memberships for an independant sports development organisation – this was maintained and developed for over 17 years and involved managing over 36 after-school programmes per week and 11 week-end coaching centres – I managed over 150 volunteers.
- I have managed an extensive account portfolio for an industrial insulation business and also generated over £200,000.00 worth of new business within 12 months.
- I have had success with telesales and email campaigns and with text marketing campaigns. I have also managed staff within all of these.
- I am also experienced in managing polls and surveys to leverage data for optimal sales performance.
- I have had success with digital marketing and online sales. Moreover, for the past 15 years I have run a small part time business providing digital marketing to a range of local SME’s – examples available on request.
- I have supported various new and existing ventures with digital marketing strategies.
- I have managed SEO and PPC campaigns with great success.
- I have set up and maintained new websites and blogs.
- I have undertaken competitor analysis and analysed a variety of data for performance metrics.
- I have implemented improvements to websites and systems to improve performance.
- As a qualified and experienced mentor and therapist I have become skilled in team situations and in supporting others.
- I have run many leadership courses and events and I am a very good listener – I can relate to people at all levels and all ages.
This website and all the links and services are testimony to what I can do, however, for a specific “digital resume” – please click here.
For specific details of my management skills and experience please click here.
For specific details of my work in education and with young people – please click here (during most of this time I also ran my own part time digital marketing business)